Ever had someone do something small that just made your day? I have.
Years ago, I was standing in the grocery store isle with what must have been the most awful look on my face. A man walked past me, never stopping, and said, “Smile. God loves you.”
It was the most random act but after 20+ years, it’s still with me.
Below is a simple list of acts to make someone’s day. I’ve heard tell that it usually bounces right off and brightens ours as well.
Be sure to add your thoughts and ideas.
Here’s my take…
1. Drop a penny where someone will find it.
2. Let the other person have the parking space.
3. Finish a task for someone who’s tired.
4. Let a mother of young children go ahead of you in line.
5. Bring a tall glass of iced tea, water, or lemonade to someone who’s working outside.
6. Praise a job well done, even if it’s something you expected that person to do.
7. Meet someone more than halfway.
8. Ask an older person for his or her opinion.
9. Greet everyone you meet today with a smile.
10. Give a toast to someone.
11. Adopt a grandparent.
12. Keep a secret secret.
13. Send flowers or a card for no reason except to say you care.
14. Call a friend on the spur of the moment and go to a movie.
15. Thank your parents for things they did (and put up with!) when you were younger.
16. Pay the tab for the person behind you in a drive thru.
17. Compliment a stranger on her hairstyle or outfit.
18. Do a chore for your spouse so he or she can sleep in.
19. When someone lives her life in a way that you admire and want to emulate, tell her.
20. Don’t worry if you want to honor someone and you’re short on money.
When you give someone your presence, you’re giving the most.
Now it’s your turn.
Can you think of a way to make someone’s day?