Still had the machine holes around the perimeter so I took a strand of waxed linen, a recycled metal stud (also from an old handbag) and a tapestry needle. Think I’ll make more with a key ring on the side as I have lots more leather. Wouldn’t it make a sweet little key chain?
- sturdy piece of leather – oval or rectangle
- clips (office supply type)
- linen thread or similarly sturdy thread
- tapestry needle
- awl or leather hole punch or…a heavy nail, hammer and piece of wood will do in a pinch
- metal stud or snap
- Fold and clip into place
- Thread your needle, knot the thread and begin at the bottom, stitching in and out. When you reach the top, stitch in the opposite direct back down then knot your thread. Add glue over the knot to secure.
- Punch a hold for the stud or snap and attach according to manufacturers instructions.