Remember this DIY Watercolor Sketchbook? I pulled it out last night to play with letters, specifically words to go along my sidebar. Doesn’t seem right to have a sometimes art blog without a generous smattering of art, right?
Anyway, this is the end result. I scanned it into Photoshop and played around with positioning to get the header you see to the right.
I thought that you may like to see what I love to use for lettering – materials-wise…
- My artists pouch, of course 🙂
- An inexpensive mechanical pencil (I go through the multi packs quickly)
- Tech-Liner Drawing Pens
- Faber Castell Drawing Pens
- Sharpie Pens (the kind that don’t bleed through paper)
- Micron Pens
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- And sometimes I use a plain old Sharpie Fine Point
- General’s Kneaded Eraser is extremely gentle on paper and will last forever.
P.S. For the project above, I used the Faber Castell Script Pen (seventh from the left above)