You may have heard me say that I’m descended from the original leather fairy because of my knack for finding great leather. But after pondering the title, I’ve decided to crown myself queen of the (local)(part-time) thrifting fairies. Not that I’m bragging or anything – but it’s for real. I am the embodiment of thrifting lucky-ness – at least in my little world.
Below, a sampling of past acquisitions. (If you’d rather skip to the meat of the post, just scroll past the display of one upmanship)
Psst…I saw the exact pair of Frye boots at Nordstrom recently – score!
And this is what I found today…
- Before you go, look through your inspiration boards, whether they’re on Pinterest or in a file you keep at home.
- Carry either a backpack, small crossbody – not a regular handbag.
- Your ID
- Credit Card and/or Cash
- Measuring Tape!!!
- Find out when they have 1/2 price day, or daily specials.
- Think outside of the box.
- Rarely is something used as it was intended.
- Skirts and dresses can be used for quilts, pillows, scarves, bags.
- Old framed pictures can be spray painted white or black.
- Old LP’s can look fantastic framed and grouped.
- Old game boards can also be framed.
- Lamps, tables, bookcases, chairs can be repainted, reupholstered, or used in a completely different way.
- Candlesticks and odd plates can become pedestals.
Now it’s your turn.
Do you thrift? What’s your best thrifting tip?