I’m kinda excited about this and want to show you what’s on my studio table this week.
I found this 100% wool, southwestern-style skirt during the summer. It was a huge wrap skirt (yay! love huge) trimmed all the way around with dark brown leather. Ralph Lauren. Quite the score in my book. Anyway, I knew it would be ripe for fall. I’m pairing it with this amazing belt (translate= strap) that I found. The little metal thingies at the ends actually move around!
This is a gray wool tweed I found and fell in love with. It will pair perfectly with this belt – Chico’s – red wrapped leather with the coolest metal hooks on both ends.
Finally, this distressed leather is to die for and I’ve cut it into a kind of tallish tote shape. The two front pockets are ideal for storing your goodies, and they’re deep – my favorite kind of pockets. I’m thinking that I’ll pair it with this strap with lots of little silver and brass rivets. Distressed bling?
Enough about me. Now it’s time for the YOU section.
I have struggled so heavily with the thought of advertising, bouncing back and forth daily. Today, I finally arrived at a solution that just FEELS right. We’re talking a new, fun twist on advertising called “featured” ads.
- As my readership grows, I want to promote what I feel are fantastic artisans.
- Charging doesn’t feel right at the moment. I’m a strong believer in going with my gut and this gave me a stomach ache. Definitely telling me something. So…
- I’m going to feature 3-4 artists weekly in my sidebar. At the top. With huge 330 wide x 120 high ads. The kicker? They’re FREE! (See the Gardanne ad? They will be like that)
- I’m still working out the details, whether it will be around a theme, or random, etc. I’ll let you know as soon as I work out the details which should be within the next day or so.
- Be sure to stay tuned. Who doesn’t want a LARGE, FEATURED AD in October, November, December and beyond?
That’s what’s on my table at the moment. Actually there’s a lot more but the other stuff would totally bore you.
Please offer up your opinions as I value them so very much.